Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    Learning with the internet of things
    16 January
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Learning with the Internet of things in Primary and Secondary is an initiative in Technology Online where, 

..a group of teachers, creative technologists, and facilitators wanted to build confidence in students and teachers from years 1–10. They developed a programme to support students and teachers to apply computational thinking skills to their own projects. The projects were designed to integrate digital technologies concepts with real world contexts – and solving real world problems.

In this example, Andrew Wills and the students at Bradford Primary School describe how they used their new knowledge in electronics (using Picaxe) to solve problems in their school. Great language and explanations from the students, how clever are those kids?

There are two other examples for Year 7/8 and 9/10 on the same Technology Online page. What do you think of these projects, making the most of electronics to solve everyday problems?

I love these examples. The sheer enthusiasm and joy that the students express are really inspirational. 

- By Clive Francis
    NOTE: You have to be a member of the group in order to reply to a discussion
      • Clive Francis
        By Clive Francis
        Jan 17

I love these examples. The sheer enthusiasm and joy that the students express are really inspirational. 

Latest news
      • Changes in Ngā Rōpū (groups)
        Kia ora i te whānau, you may have already noticed some changes to the structure of the groups (Ngā Rōpū) in Ngā Kiriahi. We now have 6 Featured groups for English Medium that parent (or host) several related sub-groups within them. PLEASE NOTE: To become a member of the subgroups, you will be...
      • June gets ready for 2020 with Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko
        June gets ready for 2020 with Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko
        For June Thompson, Digital Technologies is an area of learning she has an active interest in applying in her classroom. Since joining Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko, the National Digital Readiness Programme, she has gained more knowledge and resources to add to her pīkau (or toolkit). June is gaining...
      • Ngā Kiriahi kanohi i te kanohi pānui
        Welcome to our Ngā Kiriahi community pānui or news round-up for both Māori Medium and English Medium. Latest threads: MM: Ki tā te Māori tirohanga, he aha ngā pūmanawa o Māui rāua ko Mahuika? EM: Staff PD Unanswered threads:   MM: He tau hou, he wawata...
      Event calendar