Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    Learning with the internet of things
    16 January
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Learning with the Internet of things in Primary and Secondary is an initiative in Technology Online where, 

..a group of teachers, creative technologists, and facilitators wanted to build confidence in students and teachers from years 1–10. They developed a programme to support students and teachers to apply computational thinking skills to their own projects. The projects were designed to integrate digital technologies concepts with real world contexts – and solving real world problems.

In this example, Andrew Wills and the students at Bradford Primary School describe how they used their new knowledge in electronics (using Picaxe) to solve problems in their school. Great language and explanations from the students, how clever are those kids?

There are two other examples for Year 7/8 and 9/10 on the same Technology Online page. What do you think of these projects, making the most of electronics to solve everyday problems?

I love these examples. The sheer enthusiasm and joy that the students express are really inspirational. 

- By Clive Francis
    NOTE: You have to be a member of the group in order to reply to a discussion
      • Clive Francis
        By Clive Francis
        Jan 17

I love these examples. The sheer enthusiasm and joy that the students express are really inspirational. 

Latest news
      • Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko events during Tech Week
        Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko has few events going on during Tech Week that may of interest to you all and your schools or kura. Please feel free to get involved or to share. Let's keep the campfires stoked and warm!   Techweek   Kia Takatū events during Tech...
      • FREE DT & HM Readiness Workshops in your region
        FREE DT & HM Readiness Workshops in your region
        Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko will be in your region offering free workshops to support teachers, kaiako and leaders to better understand and implement the Digital Technologies and Hangarau Matihiko curricula content.   Ki te Ahikāroa or Regional Meetups are hands-on, engaging workshops and...
      • A virtual tour of Ngā Kiriahi | He tirotiro mariko i Ngā Kiriahi
        A virtual tour of Ngā Kiriahi | He tirotiro mariko i Ngā Kiriahi
        Meetup details: Date: Mar 28, 2019 Time: 03:30 PM - 04:30 PM Type: Online Webinar   Join us for a virtual tour of Ngā Kiriahi - Kia Takatū-a-Matihiko's virtual learning community. Tess and Hōhepa will be our tour guides and will share with us how to effectively navigate this...
      Event calendar