Ngā Matapakinga | Discussion

Tessa Gray
    A world full of robots
    4 February
    Public discussion Created by Tessa Gray

Wow, this is almost scary as much as it is WOW!

Again, what does this mean for our kids in the future? When we talk about robots and A.I supporting us/helping us as humans, we're also going to need to talk about the implications of jobs loses? What happens when computers can process logic and algorithmic processes much more efficiently than we can (accounting) and what happens to manual labour jobs in the workforce when robots can do this...

Is this all going to creep up on us, or do we have a handle on this do you think?

I'm excited about what robots and AI will be doing in the future. In someways it can be likened to when tractors took over from horses, a lot of people no longer had jobs but it created new jobs maintaining the tractors etc. My hope for the future is that robots/computers will do many jobs for us freeing up time for us to spend in the arts. I hope that in the future artists and their work will be valued like engineers and with computers doing the uncreative work more people can spend their time being creative. 

- By Joanne Roberts
    NOTE: You have to be a member of the group in order to reply to a discussion
      • Joanne Roberts
        By Joanne Roberts
        Mar 12

I'm excited about what robots and AI will be doing in the future. In someways it can be likened to when tractors took over from horses, a lot of people no longer had jobs but it created new jobs maintaining the tractors etc. My hope for the future is that robots/computers will do many jobs for us freeing up time for us to spend in the arts. I hope that in the future artists and their work will be valued like engineers and with computers doing the uncreative work more people can spend their time being creative. 

Latest news
      • Video Update: Check out the latest in K te ahikāroa / Meetup space
        Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko is excited to announce Huinga Hihiko / Super Meetups, as part of the Ki te ahikāroa / Meetups package. We'll be coming to the regions with two-day events for teachers, kaiako, digital technology or hangarau matihiko leaders and senior leadership. No matter where...
      • [Video Update] Get started with Kia Takatū today!
        Check out our latest video update about Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko. You can download the resources mentioned in the video here: https://ngakiriahi.kiatakatu.ac.nz/news/view/35834/new-rauemi-pikau-released-to-support-you-with-your-programme-of-learning  
      • Integrating Digital Technologies in Senior Secondary School
        This year, years 1-10 teachers and kaiako are expected to integrate digital technologies and hangarau matihiko into their classrooms. If you're a Senior Secondary teacher, perhaps you're wondering what you can do in this area. Josh Hough explores this below. In this article we explore 3...
      Event calendar